Saturday 17 December 2011

ruins wrapped in gold



Hi guys!

I hope you're all having a good weekend?!
Mine is packed with to-do lists again, especially today. But that's okay since I enjoyed a free dinner and party yesterday night, it was our company's Christmas party. They had rented a beautiful location called Ufer 8 by the Rhine and the theme of the party was "Stars, Starlets and Paparazzi" so all the girls got dolled up in cocktail dresses or came as movie stars. Unfortunately nobody in our student workers gang brought a camera, I only took a mini bag with me and was too lazy to carry around my DSLR all night, so there were only a few snapshots taken with a colleague's mobile phone (I will show you as soon as I get them). But I plan to wear yesterday's outfit for Christmas again so will see it in two weeks anyway ;)



♥ cardi: h&m ♥ dress: only ♥ belt: primark ♥ socks: department store ♥ boots: gamloong via humanic ♥ hat: accessorize ♥



We still have a rather mild December weather here and still no snow, but it's getting colder step by step so the other day I was finally able to style an outfit with my new winter boots. I snatched them for 25% off during the Glamour Shopping Week back in October and couldn't wait to wear them as I fell in love with their rustic kind of lumberjack look at first sight. Maybe it's just me, but the logo patch with the deer on each side makes me want to go for walks in snowy pine woods and roam wintery fields. Haha, I get taken over by fantasy too much...
Because of this forest feeling I also had to add my fox ring to the outfit :)




♥ ring + bow hair clip: h&m ♥ necklace: via kleiderkreisel ♥




Alright, now I have to go on working off my to-do lists. Tomorrow I'm going to sell stuff at a fleamarket so I need to go and get my Mum's car this afternoon and head down to our basement to look through the piles of rummage and see what I can (hopefully) get rid of.

Have a lovely day! :)


P.S. I really recommend you to check out the lyrics of the song below, they are amazing. I think this guy is one of the most amazing songwriters in the world.




now playing: la dispute - king park
Share this article :

14 comments:

  1. I love your boots! How have you been?! You look simply gorgeous, really girly but cosy and perfectly dressed for this time of year. You got uch a steal with the boots! The lace up detail really suits you, such pretty details.
    Hope you have a lovely weekend and get everything done :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This floral dress is soo perfect on you!! It fits you so well and is a great pattern. I love your fox ring too, it's so so cute.
    I am always the one taking the pictures so if I don't take my camera there are no pictures!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Schoene Stiefel! Ich habe nur zwei Paar winterfeste schuhe im moment, solche koennte ich gut gebrauchen! Passen auch super zu dem kleid. Florals & big boots = ace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rustic feeling about this look :) The little ring was the cherrie on the top of the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dress is so lovely! I love how it's a floral dress but the darker hues make it very wintry :D
    Hope selling stuff at the flea market goes well, it sounds like something fun to do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. das kleid ist sehr süss :) ich mag den kontrast zwischen dem blumigen kleid und dem winterlichen rest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Das Outfit würde ich 1:1 genau so tragen. Tolle Farben, schöner Print. Bei uns sind nächste Woche die ganzen Weihnachtsfeiern. Jeden Tag eine andere, wie soll ich das bloß durchhalten ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love this dress! And the last close-up, what a lovely pic! :) The cardi has ssome great detailing, should look out for something similar!

    looking forward to your starlet outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ah your boots look so comfy! I'm still braving slip on shoes which is a bit silly in this weather

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I absolutely adore and love everything about this outfit! I would totally roam snowy fields and wooded areas in that. Those boots!? Omg where do I start! (I have a huge boot fetish for some reason!)
    xo
    Lyndsey of hellolyndsey

    ReplyDelete
  11. wunderschönes kleid. steht dir super

    ReplyDelete
  12. That dress is so cute and love the cardie! Been looking for a military style jacket or cardie too. ^^v Had one before but grown out of it just slightly (ok..by a million sizes xD)
    Have a great day hun!
    MMxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the print of the dress and those little details with the ring and the headband, it looks like I'll have to look for them on H&M =)

    xx

    The Elegance Hunter

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate every single one! <3

 

bad taste toast Copyright © 2013 Minima Template
Designed by BTDesigner Published..Blogger Templates · Powered by Blogger