Sunday 28 June 2015

regional work



- Für Deutsch bitte runterscrollen! -

[EN] Hi people!

Just a quick status update so you know I'm still alive.
At the moment I live and work in the countryside on a farm outside of Perth. As an unpaid farmhand I receive food and accommodation in exchange for work. This is necessary because I'm visiting Australia on a Working Holiday Visa, which is valid for 12 months and can only be extended for another 12 months if I qualify for the extension. To achieve this I have to do what is called regional work in a certain postcode area outside of the city. It has to be a certain type of work too, namely something like farmhand, fruit picker, tree pruner etc.

Unfortunately I don't have a computer or wifi on the farm, so I can only blog when I stay at my boyfriend's place in the city over the weekends.
Stick around here next weekend and I will tell you a bit more about my life on the farm in my next post.
For now I'm going to spend the last hours of this Sunday with my boyfriend before I have to go back to the farm tomorrow morning.

See you next week!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[DE] Hallo Leute!

Nur mal schnell ein Status-Update damit ihr wisst, dass ich noch lebe.
Momentan lebe und arbeite ich auf dem Land auf einer Farm außerhalb von Perth. Ich bin unbezahlte Aushilfe auf der Farm und bekomme im Gegenzug für meine Arbeit freie Kost und Logie. Das Ganze muss ich machen weil ich mit einem Working Holiday Visum hier in Australien unterwegs bin. Dieses Visum ist 12 Monate gültig und kann um weitere 12 Monate verlängert werden, wenn man sich für so eine Verlängerung qualifiziert. "Regional Work" ist das Zauberwort - man muss 88 Tage in einem bestimmten Postleitzahlen-Gebiet landwirtschaftliche Arbeit verrichten, z.B. Aushilfe auf dem Bauernhof, Obstpflücker, Erntehelfer etc.

Leider habe ich auf der Farm weder einen Computer, noch Wlan zur Verfügung. Ich kann nur bloggen, wenn ich an den Wochenenden in Perth bei meinem Freund bin.
Wenn ihr nächstes Wochenende also hier wieder vorbeischaut werde ich euch in meinem nächsten Post ein bisschen mehr über die Arbeit auf der Farm erzählen.
Jetzt möchte ich die letzten Stunden dieses Sonntags noch mit meinem Freund verbringen bevor ich morgen früh wieder raus zur Farm fahre.

Man liest sich dann nächste Woche!
Share this article :

3 comments:

  1. How crazy!! Get some pics of farm living! I wanna see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're having an awesome time learning all about Aussie farm life! Looking forward to your next update :)

    xo Carbar | hellocarbar.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate every single one! <3

 

bad taste toast Copyright © 2013 Minima Template
Designed by BTDesigner Published..Blogger Templates · Powered by Blogger