Sunday 6 May 2012

Killarney National Park


Hi guys!

Sorry for the mini hiatus, but since I came back home from Ireland there were so many things that had to be done, hence I had to neglect the blog a little. Now everything's in its normal order again and I'm already missing the beautiful Kerry landscape...
So to complete my Ireland vacation report I'll post two more posts after this one here and can hopefully go back to my normal blogging routine afterwards.
This one's about the Killarney National Park and its surrounding areas.

Staigue Fort

A really old stone fort, the sign aid it's "one of the largest and finest stone forts in Ireland", probably built in the early centuries AD before Christianity came to Ireland. It's surrounded by a beautiful hilly landscape and green fields with sheep grazing on them.



Moll's Gap and Ladies View

Moll's Gap is a pass on the so-called Ring of Kerry route that offers stunning views all along the way. Ladies View is a lookout point in the Killarney National Park from where you can overlook the Upper Lake.



Muckross House and Torc Waterfall

Muckross House and gardens are located in the Killarney National Park as well, it was the residence of the Herbert family (an artist family) throughout the 18th century.
The beautiful Torc Waterfall is only a few hundred metres away from the house, located at the base of Torc Mountain. We made a carriage ride there and back, it was amazing!


Oooh how I miss the landscape! :)
On the one hand I'm glad to be back home in the city, but on the other hand in the countryside the landscape is much more beautiful, the air is fresher and the milk and bread tasted more natural. Ah precious holiday memories... ;)

Have a lovely day!




Share this article :

12 comments:

  1. Gefällt mir richtig gut. Schöne Bilder, ich find das wo du durch die Hecke schaust ja sehr süß :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Wunderschön sind deine Fotos und die Natur ist einfach bezaubernd.
    Das erste Bild ist zuckersüß;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous photos my dear, this just makes me yearn to go to Ireland even more so now. I love all the greenery, and that house covered in vines is amazing!! Your blue coat is quite adorable, and plaid is always my favourite on you :)
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous gorgeous place and great photos! Oh, Ireland!

    Thank you again for the fantastic guestpost too! :) I finally got around to editing some of my pictures and resurfaced from underneath lots of work to read all the posts I've missed! Your travel images are an absolute treat to see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wirklich ganz tolle Bilder hast Du gemacht. Gefallen mir wirklich gut. Ich liebe Irland es ist einfach wirklich genauso wie auf diesen ganzen kitschigen Bilden mit grünen Wiesen und den kleinen Steinmauern. Liebste Grüße

    http://jestil.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your boots are too cute! And oh my gosh if I saw a sheep like that it would be all I could handle not to cuddle that thing. Looks like you had a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huhu,
    sorry für die späte Rückmeldung! :)
    Habe meine The Hive-Karte gekauft! Du bist im Cosmo Hotel, oder? Boah, die Bilder von dort sehen sooo cool aus!
    Können uns supergerne Samstags direkt dort treffen, bin echt schon gespannt!

    LG Lena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool look! love the photos, great place!!!

    http://themadcreationist.blogspot.it/

    Giuseppe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you lucky lucky girl!
    What gorgeous pics from such a gorgeous place, deep sigh!

    ps, love your rain boots!

    xo
    gi gi

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pictures are beautiful! What a lovely place to visit. I'd love to see that part of Ireland some day. I've only been to Dublin.

    Also you looked so cute in your rain boots and hat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wunderschöne Bilder und ein wunderschönes Du :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate every single one! <3

 

bad taste toast Copyright © 2013 Minima Template
Designed by BTDesigner Published..Blogger Templates · Powered by Blogger