Wednesday 27 May 2015

birthday at the zoo


- Für Deutsch bitte runterscrollen! -

[EN] Hey all!

Sorry, I'm very lazy at the moment blog-wise. It was my 29th birthday last Saturday and I believe that getting older has made me slow down a bit. I have been training martial arts over the past months, have lost weight, became fitter and kept going - but at the moment I've got my foot on the brake a bit again. Being abroad for one year makes life so much more turbulent! I had just gotten used to my job at the recruiting agency and loved it but after 5 months there I have to leave again now. I'll go to the countryside outside of Perth and work on a horse farm to get my visa extension. New environment, new people, new daily routine. Life on a working holiday visa seems to never stand still which is exciting but also a bit exhausting. So right now I'm taking a tiny break from stress to prepare myself for the new challenge on the farm. I want to start mentally fit and balanced there, so right now I work out less and treat myself more, binge-watch all my favourite shows and put my feet up at home.
I feel a tiny bit bad about having gained one or two kilos but I know I will be on my feet all day soon and get rid of them again in no time.

// dress: cotton on // necklace: six // bag: kleiderkreisel // shoes: target //

[DE] Hallöchen!

Sorry ihr Lieben, ich bin momentan wenns ums Bloggen geht so faul. Letzten Samstag war mein 29. Geburtstag und ich glaube das Älterwerden hat mich ein bisschen einen Gang runtergeschaltet. Ich habe über die letzten Monate meinen Kampfsport trainiert, habe abgenommen, bin fitter geworden und hab auf die Tube gedrückt - doch jetzt habe ich grade wieder ein bisschen den Fuß auf der Bremse. Für ein Jahr im Ausland zu leben ist so turbulent! Ich hatte mich gerade an meinen Job in der Personalagentur gewöhnt und finde es dort super aber muss nun nach 5 Monaten schon wieder aufhören. In zwei Wochen werde ich raus aufs Land ziehen, außerhalb von Perth, und auf einer Pferdefarm arbeiten um meine Visumsverlängerung zu bekommen. Eine neue Umgebung, neue Leute, neuer Tagesablauf - das Leben als Working Holiday Macher steht niemals still. Das ist einerseits total aufregend, aber andererseits auch leicht anstrengend.
Also diese und nächste Woche versuche ich mich möglichst nicht zu stressen und mich auf das Landleben vorzubereiten. Ich möchte mental fit und ausgeglichen in die neue Herausforderung starten und mache deshalb jetzt mal zwei Wochen lang nicht so viel Sport, esse was ich will, schaue alle meine Lieblingsserien bis zum Umfallen und lege zu Hause abends die Füße hoch.
Ich gebe zu ich habe ein klein bisschen ein schlechtes Gewissen weil ich 1-2 Kilos zugenommen habe, aber demnächst bin ich ja eh den ganzen Tag auf den Beinen, da werde ich die auch wieder schnell los denke ich.


[EN] My birthday was awesome by the way! Jarryd made me pancakes for breakfast, took me out for a coffee, spent the whole afternoon at the zoo with me, then afterwards took me out for dinner to a lovely tapas bar and to top it all off bought me a huge frozen yogurt. Then we snuggled up in bed and watched a movie. That's pretty much a perfect day to me!

I hope you're all well. Have a nice Wednesday!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
[DE] Mein Geburtstag war übrigens total super! Jarryd hat mir leckere Pfannkuchen zum Frühstück gemacht, mich danach auf einen Kaffee eingeladen, dann hat er den ganzen Nachmittag mit mir im Zoo verbracht, mich hinterher zum Abendessen in eine ganz tolle Tapas Bar ausgeführt und mir zum Schluss einen riesigen Frozen Yogurt spendiert. Danach haben wir uns zu Hause ins Bett gepackt und einen Film geschaut. Ziemlich perfekter Tag würde ich sagen!

Ich hoffe bei euch ist auch alles prima! Habt einen schönen Mittwoch!

Share this article :

13 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Sounds like you had an awesome day. I hope the work on the farm goes well, I'm sure it will go super quickly!x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoo is my favorite place to go! Sounds fun!
    Happy Birthday girl! ♥

    THE KAWAII PLANET

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday! I love Zoos and I'm sure you had great time there <3
    The photos are so charming!
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belatedly, Happy 29th Birthday! Your entire day sounds like it was fun. The pancakes, coffee and frozen yogurt sound yummy. The animals at the zoo look interesting and cute, though it would probably be a bad idea touching any of them. Best wishes for things to go well on the horse farm.

    http://full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/2015/05/institutionalised-police-racism-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow sounds like you have a lot going on and it will be interesting to work on that farm. I think it would be a fun experience and I am sure you will like it although it is stressful to change jobs. The zoo sounds like the perfect place to enjoy your birthday! I look forward to hearing about your new adventures!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! best wishes and much success in all your new starts!
    Your birthday sounds like a perfect day btw:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh very cute and beautiful pics
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alles, alles Gute nachträglich zum Geburtstag! Lass es dir gut gehen und noch eine tolle Zeit down under!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! Glad you had a good one!
    & Good luck with everything.

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, hapy belated birthday! :)
    Sehr schöne Bilder und ein kleines bißchen Neid bezüglich der Känguruhs! :D

    Liebe Grüße,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  11. haven't been to the zoo in ages!!!! sounds like a fun time to celebrate your bday!! happy bday! :D

    Have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated birthday!! Glad to hear you had a nice relaxing day. Working at a farm should be fun. Can't wait to hear all about it :)

    xo Carbar | hellocarbar.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate every single one! <3

 

bad taste toast Copyright © 2013 Minima Template
Designed by BTDesigner Published..Blogger Templates · Powered by Blogger