The other day a certain baking lust just came over me, so I grabbed my recipes folder and looked for something I had not tried before et voilà: Mars muffins. Well, actually the recipe was for Mars Delight but they didn't have them at the supermarket so i took the normal Mars chocolate bars and gave it a try.
Basically when using the basic recipe you can bake these muffins with any chocolate bars you like, I can imagine they would also taste amazing with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for example.
Anyway, here is the recipe:
For 12-18 muffins (depending on the size) you need
320g Mars (Delight) chocolate bars
2 table spoons cocoa powder
2 table spoons baking powder
1/2 table spoon baking soda
1 packet vanilla sugar
80ml vegetable oil
a muffin baking dish or these little paper baking cups
Here we go...
1. Pre-heat the oven at 180° Celsius. Chop up the chocolate bars into chunks.
Then mix them with the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda.
2. Whisk the egg and mix it with the sugar, vanilla sugar, oil and buttermilk.
Then fold in the chocolate-cocoa-mash bit by bit until all the dry ingedients are wet, so that everything is a well-stirred dough.
3. Fill the dough into the baking form or paper cups with a spoon.
5. Bake them on the middle rack in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes. Afterwards switch off the oven and let the muffins rest for 5 more minutes. Then take them out and let them cool down.
6. Taadaaa! Yummy Mars muffins with delicious melted choco-caramel chunks inside, hmmmmmm :)
I hope you like it!
Sorry to my German readers, this time I can't provide a link to a German recipe because I got it from a magazine. You can still contact me via mail though if you'd like to have the recipe in German language.
Have a lovely day!
now playing: band of horses - is there a ghost