Today I'd like to share another recipe with you (vegetarians, look away please ^^). I tried out a Mediterranean meat loaf for the first time last week and it was so yummy! I'll definitely cook it again or use the recipe for the meat dough as a stuffing for stuffed peppers.
It was easier than I thought, so I can guarantee you that it's a good recipe for cooking noobs ;)
What you need:
2 small bread rolls
500 gr minced meat
4 tbs grated parmesan cheese
1 red pepper
1 jar of pitted olives
1 package sheep's milk cheese
150 gr ham
salt, pepper and oregano
1. For the meat dough soak the rolls in a bowl with water.
2. For the stuffing chop the sheep's milk cheese, the olives and the red pepper and mix them in a bowl (unfortuntely in my version the olives are missing).
3. Squeeze the water out of the rolls, then tear the soaked rolls to pieces and mix them with the minced meat. Add the grated parmesan cheese, season with salt and pepper.
4. Roll out the meat dough on a piece of baking paper or foil and spread the stuffing on it.
5. Roll up the meat dough carefully until it looks like a loaf.
6. Cover the loaf with some ham slices.
7. Bake the meat loaf in the pre-heated oven at 200 degrees for 35-45 minutes until it's golden brown. If the upper side gets too dark cover it with some aluminium foil.
8. Serve with potatoes or mashed potatoes and gravy. Et voilà, bon appétit! :)
The German version of the recipe can be found here.
Happy cooking! ;)
now playing: pigeon john - the bomb